Friday, May 23, 2008

Kristen's party!

Kristen hasn't had a whole lot of time to have fun with her friends this last year - just a few playdates here and there, so we thought it would be a great idea to have a "last day of school" party for her. As it turned out, it was! The first graders (now second graders) were so excited, they came barreling down the sidewalk from school - 12 lb backpacks and all! They had a blast jumping on the trampoline, playing baseball, eating pizza and making fruit kabobs, and then heading to Time Out Corner (which is a fun indoor miniature golf and arcade with black lights and flourescent carpet). They also enjoyed eyeing a plate of celery at lunch - but not touching it. They took turns peeking into the bowl of pimento cheese spread and screaming "ewww!" Oh well, I tried. I was actually surprised that they devoured every last bit of fruit. Maybe I should try celery kabobs next time :)




2 comments:

Danielle said...

That is so cool. You are SO on every mom's "jealous of" list now! I can't believe you did all that, but at this point, climbing the stairs to my bed seems like too much work, lol. I'm assuming mom helped you out since I didn't hear a peep from her all day yesterday. If not you are CRAZY! lol. I can promise you however, that if mom knows you have leftover pimento, it will NOT last long, he he. Congrats on being SuperMom!

Stephanie's Blog said...

Cassie,

Thanks so much for hosting....it looks like it was a GREAT time! Kiersten Had a blast!