Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Soon-to-be second grader

Kristen has 2 more days to be a first grader! I can't beleive my little girl is almost in second grade! I wonder if I'll have this same feeling of surprised disbelief every school year until she graduates?? Here are some great photos of the 1st graders that her wonderful teacher, Mrs. Pittenger, thoughtfully sent home for us.

Kristen's class in the fall with student teacher Ms. Bogart




Kristen at lunch - beginning of the year



Playing on the monkey bars - a recess favorite

The first grade class preparing for a Thanksgiving feast


The class earned an ice cream party!


First Grade class in the spring with student teacher Ms. Appel


Field day! Kristen and Kiersten won 3rd place out of all the classes in this event! They take thier field day seriously!

Kristen "reading" her poem at the poetry cafe event put on for parents. Kristen decided she wasn't quite ready to read it aloud into the microphone when her turn came, but she held it proudly and stood on the "stage" while her teacher read it for her!

We'll miss first grade!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

*Suddenly gets terrified*
I'm not ready!
LOL
I can't believe she's already in school at ALL. I bet all mom's have that feeling. I'm just her AUNT and I feel the same way! You should ask mom, I bet she'll say she was shocked every year. I know I wasn't ready for you to get married, I still felt like you were 12, he he.